Bitter-tasting herbs were once an important part of Native American, European and Chinese diets. Medicines made from bitter herbs, such as Swedish Bitters, are used as a digestive and are beneficial for the intestinal tract. The concept of a Swedish Bitter herbal blend began somewhere in the 1500’s; today this formula is one of the most popular herbal tinctures. It has many versatile uses besides its use as a digestive bitter.
This multi-purpose product is suitable for a wide range of applications, and exceptional for digestive complaints as liquid extracts are rapidly absorbed into the bloodstream.
Take this bitter tonic to stimulate digestion, appetite, bile flow - and maintain healthy digestive function.
Aloe, senna and rhubarb in this product may help maintain regularity with their laxative action.
take 10 to 20 mL of Swedish Bitters in 100 mL of water/juice/herb tea 30 minutes before meals to relieve indigestion symptoms such as heartburn, abdominal discomfort and flatulence (ideal after a rich heavy meal).
Contains black cohosh, clinically-proven to relieve pre-menstrual discomfort and menopausal symptoms such as night sweats and mood swings (take 21 mL twice daily in 100 mL water/juice/herb tea) .
External use: soak a piece of gauze in undiluted Swedish Bitters for the healing/repair of skin and to relieve insect bites, swellings and inflamed joints (apply for 2-4 hours and cover with bandage).
Apply to forehead or back of head/neck for 15 minutes for the temporary relief of headaches.
Gargle: for the relief of a sore throat or toothache (add 60 mL Swedish Bitters to 250 mL of lukewarm water).
Each 20 mL dose contains tinctures equivalent to dried:
- Aloe (Aloe ferox) leaf inner juice 133.34 mg
- Senna (Cassia angustifolia) leaf 133.34 mg
- Rhubarb (Rheum officinale) root & rhizome 133.34 mg
- Myrrh* (Commiphora molmol) stem bark oleoresin 85.72 mg
- Zedoary* (Curcuma zedoaria) rhizome 152.38 mg
- Manna ash (Fraxinus ornus) stem bark oleoresin 133.34 mg
- Carline thistle (Carlina acaulis) root 66.66 mg
- Angelica* (Angelica archangelic) root and rhizome 152.38 mg
- Black cohosh* (Cimicifuga racemosa) root & rhizome 19.06 mg
- Valerian* (Valeriana officinalis) root & rhiz & stolon 19.06 mg
- Cinnamon* (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) stem bark inner 19.06mg
- Cardamom* (Elettaria cardamomum) fruit 19.06 mg
- Saffron (Crocus sativus) stigma & style 2.66 mg
non-active ingredient Camphor 133.34 mg
*these ingredients are also known as theriac.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist, consult your healthcare practitioner. Not recommended for children under 12 or in case of gastric/duodenal ulcers.
Laxative warnings - please note that prolonged use of laxatives may cause serious bowel problems (drink plenty of water).
Do not use when abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting are present, or it you develop diarrhoea. If you are pregnant of breast-feeding, consult your doctor before use.
Contains alcohol 40% V
About the brand...
Hilde Hemmes are Australia's leading therapeutic herbal tea manufacturer. They are a family owned company, born from a background and knowledge in herbs. They have a long-standing commitment to herbal health, and their herbal products are of paramount quality.
ISBN: 9315915000818 SKU: 73877