In Europe we can find camomile (also spelt chamomile) growing wild in dry fields, around gardens and in cultivated grounds. Culpeper (1616-1654) lists over 20 ailments for which camomile can be used. In Germany camomile is recommended by mainstream medical practitioners for internal and external use. Human studies have shown it has anti-inflammatory and antispasmodic action on the stomach and duodenum.
It is a pleasant-tasting tea which helps relieve many gastrointestinal problems such as minor spasms, wind and belching. Camomile, a western herbal medicine, is especially beneficial for children, babies, during pregnancy and lactation, and has a wide variety of uses and applications - as a skin wash, inhalant, gargle and herb tea.
- Assists in the management of gastrointestinal complaints such as minor spasms, flatulence, belching, colic, epigastric distension (enlargement of the abdomen over the stomach), and the relief of gastritis and enteritis symptoms.
- Externally apply freshly-prepared infusion (several times daily) to aid in the management of dermatitis and bacterial skin disorders.
- Gargle infusion (several times daily) to aid in the management of mucous membrane inflammations such as mouth ulcers, gingivitis, sore throat and gums.
- Inhale the vapour of the freshly-prepared infusion (several times daily) to aid in the management of inflammation and irritations of the respiratory tract.
- Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Active Ingredients: Each teabag contains Matricaria (Camomile) flower dry 1.5 g (1500 mg).
Features / Benefits
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
About the brand...
Hilde Hemmes are Australia's leading therapeutic herbal tea manufacturer. They are a family owned company, born from a background and knowledge in herbs. They have a long-standing commitment to herbal health, and their herbal products are of paramount quality.
ISBN: 9315915004007 SKU: 73810