The use of peppermint dates back to ancient Greek and Roman times when it was used in sauces and wines. Medicinally, it was first distinguished when it was entered into the London Pharmacopeia in 1721.
Peppermint is strong-scented, well-tolerated and cost-effective. The remedial effect of peppermint leaf is mainly due to its level of essential oils that have been proven in many clinical trials. The leaves are carefully dried so that the essential oil content is retained.
Used to assist in the management of digestive disorders such as dyspepsia, flatulence, colic and the relief of symptoms of gastritis/enteritis. Assists in the management of spasmodic conditions of the gallbladder and bile ducts.
Claims are based on traditional use in western herbal medicine.
Features / Benefits
- Listed with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA) as a herbal medicine.
- Contains appropriate information based on latest findings.
- Contains no artificial colours, preservatives, caffeine, gluten, sugars or lactose.
- Suitable for vegans and vegetarians.
- Packed in long-life foil bags to retain freshness and potency.
- Least expensive way of taking a herbal medicine.
Each teabag contains Peppermint (Mentha x piperita) leaf dry 1.5 g.
Infuse one or two teabags in one cup of boiling water and cover for ten minutes.
Adults: take three cups daily.
Children from 4 to 12 years: take one to two cups daily.
Use only as directed.
If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
Medical advice is recommended in cases of gallstones.
About the brand...
Hilde Hemmes are Australia's leading therapeutic herbal tea manufacturer. They are a family owned company, born from a background and knowledge in herbs. They have a long-standing commitment to herbal health, and their herbal products are of paramount quality.
ISBN: 9315915004038 SKU: 73815