Bored of the same old dinner and movie date nights that can leave you feeling lethargic and anything but sexy? Then it's time to spice things up! The secret healthy couples know is that endorphins released by being active increase happiness levels and sex drive! Research has also shown that doing new and different activities together as a couple creates the same sparks as falling in love! You can even add further excitement and anticipation to the equation by taking turns organising surprise dates for each other. This will keep your partner in suspense all week, and have you both counting the days until the weekend! So, need some inspiration to get you started? Here we list the top 9 date activities of healthy active couples -
1. Rock Climbing ( Indoor or Outdoor ) - Rock climbing is one of the great outdoor Australian sports. The challenge of conquering nature as you take in the views must be one of the most exhilarating experiences of outdoor activities. However there are also many indoor rock climbing centres where you can go.
2. Day at the beach - A traditional Aussie summer activity. What better way to soak up some sun and surf with the partner of your choice? Pack a picnic, beach ball or frisbee, and a good book for a relaxing and fun filled day!
3. Visit a Farmers Market - This is a pearler of an idea. Check when your local farmer's market is being held, grab your friend or soul mate and go shopping for superb organic produce, straight from the farmer (cut out the middleman). Planning a romantic dinner for two cooking up the results of your fabulous shopping expedition, accompanied by a bottle of wine and candlelight. Now that's romance!
4. Dance Class - Exercise, aesthetics and a little bit of romance when you and your soul mate take a dance class together. What a beautiful idea for a date!
5. Cycle around your city (or countryside ) - Pack a healthy picnic and head off down the cycle paths together. Cycling together has long been a beautiful and healthy way to spend time with your spouse, partner or friend. Try and get out into the country, visit a vineyard, or plan a few scenic tours. Maybe stay overnight at a hotel in the country!
6. Partner ( Acro ) Yoga Class - The benefits of yoga have long been recognised. However Acro Yoga (a combination of acrobatics and yoga) is a wonderfully energising way of spending quality time with your partner, and many of the poses build core strength and trust.
7. Book a Spa Day/Treatment together - Go on you deserve it! Book a revitalising day spa, or pamper each other at home with beautiful natural skincare products.
8. Horse Riding - Not just for kids! Spend a day with your partner horse riding through beautiful natural surrounds that Australia offers.
9. Hike in Nature - The Australian bush is both wondrous, peaceful and romantic. Take your partner bushwalking and enjoy the natural surrounds while spending great time together.
If you have ideas for a healthy active date, we would love to hear about them in the comments below!
Get HEALTHYISH in 2017!
From recipes, trends and discounts, expect great things via email this month.