Chocolate Crackles have certainly ingrained themselves as a favourite treat for kids party tables over the years. Ok, we might as well admit it... the adults love them just as much!
The original recipe calls for large amounts of refined sugars and a more than huge amount copha, which contains over 95% saturated fats. With Christmas just around the corner, we have a much healthier version to share with you!
This Quinoa Chocolate Crackle recipe is made with puffed quinoa, organic cacao, coconut oil and natural sweeteners, The texture of these crackles is just divine with the shredded coconut offering a nice chewy texture.
With yummy chocolate and slight salty sweet flavour, the adults will love these healthy chocolate crackles as much as the kids!
Serves 9 I Takes 15mins I Freeze for 60mins
- 2 cups puffed quinoa
- 2 cups Desiccated Coconut
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- ½ cup Cacao Powder
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- ½ cup rice malt syrup
- 1 cup Coconut Oil
- 1 cup Cacao Butter
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- Line muffin trays with cupcake liners / patty’s.
- Combine quinoa, coconut, cacao and sea salt in a medium to large sized bowl.
- Add rice malt syrup, coconut oil, cacao butter and almond butter and mix well.
- Scoop 2 – 3 tbsp of mixture into each cupcake liner and set in freezer for 30 – 60 mins or until firm.
- Best consumed within 30 minutes of removing from the freezer.
Recipe courtesy of Loving Earth