Turmeric is the super-spice that is finally getting the attention it deserves! This earthy golden spice has been used for centuries as an anti-inflammatory, to help fight cold and flu, and may also regulate blood sugar, improve digestion, memory and stiff joints. What better way to get all the benefits than with a delicious ginger & turmeric golden milk latte.
Prep time: 15 minutes
- 2 cups almond milk or thin coconut milk
- 1” ginger
- 2” fresh turmeric or 2 tsp turmeric paste*
- 1-2 tbsp honey
- A pinch ground cinnamon
- A pinch ground nutmeg
- Peel and slice the ginger and turmeric. Place in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Meanwhile, heat up the almond milk until it starts to simmer. Turn off the heat and add the blended ginger and turmeric.
- Swirl in the honey and dust with cinnamon and nutmeg. Serve hot.
*turmeric paste: mix 2 tsp of turmeric powder with 1 tsp water.
Get HEALTHY in 2017!
From recipes, trends and discounts, expect great things via email this month.