This simple zesty and refreshing salad is perfect on its own as a summery lunch alternative, or as an accompaniment to other dishes.
Prep time: 15 minutes Servings: 4
- ½ head of red cabbage, shredded
- ½ romaine lettuce, torn
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 small bunch of spring onions, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 lemon
- 2 oranges
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- Zest the lemon and oranges. Juice half the lemon and half of and orange. Segment the rest of the oranges and keep the other half of the lemon (not using).
- In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, orange juice, lemon zest, orange zest, maple syrup, olive oil, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together red cabbage, romaine lettuce, sliced shallots, spring onion, parsley and pomegranate seeds.
- Drizzle the dressing over the vegetables and toss. Serve immediately.
Get HEALTHY in 2017!
From recipes, trends and discounts, expect great things via email this month.