It's that time of year when the weather is cooling down, and we are all looking for those beautiful warming recipes to help you fill your favourite mug! So we have featured one of our favourite chai recipes (courtesy of our friends at foodmatters.tv). It's so simple, yet incredibly delicious.
- 2 cups spring or filtered water
- 1 tablespoon chai tea mix (nutmeg, cloves, cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, licorice, tea leaves)
- 1 whole star anise
- 2 whole green cardamom pods
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- Homemade coconut milk or organic canned coconut milk (Use nut milk if you prefer)
- Raw honey or coconut sugar to taste
- Pour the water in a pot, add chai mix and additional spices.
- Bring the pot to a simmer, then reduce heat to low. Cover and let spices infuse for 10 minutes.
- Strain through a fine mesh sieve to fill mugs 2/3 full. Top up with coconut milk and sweeten to taste.
Get HEALTHY in 2017!
From recipes, trends and discounts, expect great things via email this month.