Taken from Jenni Madison's new cookbook 'The Healthy Coconut' - this deliciously hearty, warming recipe for coconut and red lentil curry is not only nutritious and simple to make, but is jam packed with flavour and will quickly become a family favourite!
Prep time: 30 minutes
Serves: 4 - 6
The Coconut Lentil Curry
¼ cup Coconut Magic coconut oil
1 white onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
5 large ripe tomatoes
2 cups clean water
1tbs curry powder
1.5 cups organic coconut milk
1 tbs Coconut Magic coconut nectar
2 tbs ground coriander
1 tbs cinnamon powder
2 cups organic red lentils, washed and rinsed
1 bunch fresh parsley, washed and chopped
Pink salt and black pepper, to taste
1 cauliflower, florets and stalk roughly chopped
2 tbs Coconut Magic coconut oil
Salt and pepper to taste
The Lentil Curry
1. Melt the coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat. Sauté the onions and garlic until tender, about 5 minutes.
2. Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 more minutes
3. Add in the water, coconut milk, coconut nectar, curry powder, cinnamon and ground coriander.
4. Stir in the lentils and allow them to cook for 10-15 minutes, they will become tender as they absorb the liquid. Stir frequently and enjoy the aroma as the curry becomes fragrant.
5. Once the lentils have become soft, stir in the pink salt, pepper and parsley.
The Cauliflower Rice
6. Pulse the cauliflower in a food processor – you want it to end up looking like rice.
7. Fry cauliflower with some coconut oil over medium heat for approximately 5 minutes, or until softened.
8. Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Serve with a garden or Greek salad.
Get HEALTHY in 2017!
From recipes, trends and discounts, expect great things via email this month.